Tuesday 10 April 2007

Wall Murual(s) for Dad's Train


Dad was born in 1914. He and his buddy Ed are building a train set-up in my sister's apple shed. I said I would provide some backdrop color and did my first large scale paintings. They are 4' x 4' masonite panels that I gessoed --except for the 3' x 3' one covering a window. I had to keep the window ledge and did all the justaposing by memory from 40 miles away so they are not seamless. But in a way I like the staggered sense of vision --our minds tend to put it all back into a whole. Acrylic with some watercolor. Out of my head except for the train which I saw in a photo (you can't see the train in this view). I put a bit of blue on the rest of the wall to extend the effect. Each one got a bit better I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Landes said...

This is gorgeous

4 July 2007 at 16:06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home